Darius and I both enjoy Dr. Seuss' books and would like to collect all of them for Ben & Zach. Their first two books, Green Eggs and Ham & One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, were Christmas gifts from Nini & Papaw. When Darius was young his favorite story was One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. I like the thought of Darius' Mom and grandmother Laveta, reading these same books to him when he was young, as I'm now reading to our boys.
I wish Darius' grandmother were still alive to meet Ben & Zach, and read to them. From everything I hear from Darius and his mom, I know she was a very special woman. It's difficult to lose the people we hold dear in life. I know the day will eventually come when my grandmother will leave this life too, but I take comfort in the memories I have, and the memories that I'll pass on to my children. Something so simple as a book can help us pass those memories along.
Thank you Dr. Seuss!
So, today we also celebrated. We got "Wocket in my Pocket" from the library and read Horton and Cat in the Hat. Egg shaped cookies frosted green! That was such a sweet post. You take gorgeous pictures, I want your camera!
ReplyDelete