During their stay I had to fly over to Anchorage to pick up Darius' truck that had been shipped there from Florida. I'm glad that the trip fell when it did, and that Margaret and Alfred were here to help watch the boys. I knew my little men were in good hands, but it was hard to be away from them! I was relieved to hear that the boys did very well while I was gone.
Aside from relaxing at the house and watching the Ben & Zach Show, here are some of the things Margaret & Alfred enjoyed during their stay:
- Margaret went out on the Sound on a gill netter boat with Mom, James, Brooke, and visiting guests (Jenkins). A long line was dropped and they brought back one Halibut, which everyone enjoyed the following day.
- Alfred enjoyed reading, and easily cruised through three good sized books.
- They both enjoyed berry picking around the house, out by the airport, and off Power Creek Road. Margaret used some of Salmon Berries she picked to make several jars of jelly.
- Over the weekend Mom, Brooke, Alfred, Margaret, and I drove out the road to Child's Glacier. We enjoyed the beautiful weather and watched some good calving activity, while we roasted hot dogs. We roasted some marshmallows afterwards for smores. They were delicious and extra gooey!
- They also enjoyed some good eating during their stay. We celebrated James & Brooke's 1st wedding anniversary on Aug 3 and Mom's birthday on Aug 7. We had some good meals on those days and probably a few on the days in between! Margaret has several good recipes to take home with her.
Airline travel for those not accustomed to flying, isn't much fun. Especially when it involves standby travel. I'm so happy that Margaret and Alfred made the trip here and had this time with us. Ben & Zach are changing so fast everyday, and it was great their Nini & Papaw where here to see some of those changes. I've never liked the term of calling a spouse's family "in-laws". I just like to think of Margaret and Alfred as family.
Thanks for making the long trip to see us, Margaret & Alfred. We love you!
Loved the boy's;your family was very special! The glaciers,berry's,scenery was very beautiful! The Food was very good. Love to all Nini &Pawpaw
ReplyDelete