Last weekend I took off from Mom responsibilities for a few days and flew down to FL to pickup our lovely Bacon friends who are here visiting Alaska for the first time. I'm an excellent pilot in my spare time. I arrived on Thursday evening, and we left the following morning. We arrived in Seattle and had the rest of the day to explore. We took the train from the airport to the Westlake Center and walked down to Pike's Place Market. It was their first time there, and it was fun to see how much they enjoyed it. I took advantage of the great fresh produce and filled 2 bags to take home with me. I was also pretty excited to eat a delicious pocket full of goodness from Piroshky Prioshky, and if that wasn't heaven the coconut ice cream that followed later on certainly was. Mmmm!
We worked our way over to Chinatown after walking along the waterfront. There we stopped by the awesome Uwajimaya Asian Food and Gift Market. We were starting to hit a wall when we arrived and probably could have spent a lot more time exploring the store if we had more energy.
After unloading our goods at the hotel we headed back out for dinner, and after a quick and delicious meal we promptly headed back to get our butts to bed. It had been a super long day that started around 3:30 AM on the East Coast and ended an exhausting 19 hours later on the West Coast. Unfortunately there was no time to sleep in, and we were up again super early to check in for our flight to Alaska.
It's a long process to get all the way from Florida to Alaska, and on stand-by travel there's always the extra element of suspense when waiting at the last minute to see if there are enough seats open on a full flight. I'm so happy that our friends were game for the adventure! We're happy to have them here visiting us!
Long trip, but you made it safely both way'ye for now MeMe.
ReplyDelete