March 18, 2012

Another Birthday

Months back I came across a blog through another blog I follow. The woman, Anna, who writes it is someone I have never met and most likely will never meet. I know nothing about her life aside from what she shares via her blog. Since coming across her blog I have found myself checking it almost daily. Often her posts are difficult to read without tears. When I first started reading Anna's blog, her family had just suffered the devastating loss of their son, Jack.

I can't wrap my head around the thought of losing a child, and here is this woman who openly writes about her grief. I know there are so many people in the world who unfortunately suffer similar loss, and those stories I come across give me pause, but then I find myself moving along with my life. Why I choose to continue reading Anna's words is hard for me to explain, but I believe it's for all the right reasons.

Today would have been Jack's 13th birthday. Just coming away from my own kids' birthday, I can only imagine what a difficult day Anna and her family must be experiencing with the absence of their son and brother. I have found myself saying several prayers for Anna and her family over the months and especially around the holidays, but I think she could probably use a few extra prayers on a day like today. If you can spare one of your own today, I know it would help to provide a little more comfort and peace of mind to Anna and her family. Thanks.

1 comment: