August 22, 2012

Gratitude

After having the opportunity to get away and spend time with family exploring a really special place in the world, it was impossible not to feel an enormous amount of gratitude for the opportunity to go, the means to get there, the funds to make it possible, the people willing to make it all happen.

I needed the break. I needed time to myself to recharge. I came away with so much more than that.

It's a big deal to ask anyone (even family) to watch my kids. It's an even bigger deal to ask for an entire week.

I'm incredibly grateful that Margaret and Alfred were willing to take Ben and Zach for the week. I knew the boys were in loving and capable hands and not once did I worry about them while I was gone. Grateful....so very grateful!

The boys went to Papaw's house in the country and rode 4-wheelers, fed the donkeys, and instructed Papaw to finish their room in his house. They played outside in the sprinkler, collected bugs, "climbed" the tree, kicked the ball around, and played with Play Doh. They tried new food, picked up their toys, and snuggled up at night with Nini and Papaw. I'm sure they had more fun visiting them than being at home.

 
Margaret & Alfred - Thank you so so very much for taking the boys and giving me a break. You did as much good for the boys as you did for me. I love you and I'm so grateful for you both!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Margaret & Alfred!

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be able to help and really enjoyed the boy's! Love to all Nini

    ReplyDelete