December 11, 2012

Wood or a Trash Can

So for one's 5th wedding anniversay, the traditional gift to give your spouse is wood. Darius and I didn't exchange gifts this year, but we did treat ourselves to a new trash can. We love it!


Whenever we get a willing saint to watch our kids for the better part of a day, Darius and I think we're going to enjoy typical date activities like dinner and a movie. We never quite get there. The majority of our dates are spent shopping...ugh. It's not something we love doing, but we love the freedom of being able to do it in peace and quiet.

My friend Patti sent me a very fitting text this morning without even knowing what we had planned for the day. She sent me the quote that "shopping with kids is like trying to concentrate on 150 things at once while someone beats you over the head with a plank of wood." How nice that today this wasn't the case!

To our willing saint, Carrie - Thank you many times over! Not only did Carrie in her very pregnant and uncomfortable state watch our little gremlins, she also treated us with a Groupon for dinner. We throughly enjoyed some delish food at Pat's BBQ. Sooo good.

We may not possess much in the romance department, but Darius and I do love each other very much. Far more than our sweet new trash can. Cheers to 5 years!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I loved watching your gremlins and I am up for doing it again anytime!

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Ann.; Ben is getting so tall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy #5!!! That's awesome that you guys were able to go out and celebrate! And that's a great picture of you and Darius!

    PS. I love the post title :)

    ReplyDelete