February 23, 2013

L.O.V.E.

In case I missed sending a Valentine to any of you....

I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins. ~Shel Silverstein

My favorite holiday arrived much sooner this year than I was ready for it, but I still enjoyed it as much as I always do. I wish I could bottle the excited feeling I get in the days leading up to Valentine's Day. Crazy... but I even enjoy licking the envelopes of the Valentine cards I send out.

In the days leading up to the big day, the boys got in on the fun with me and made their own Valentines and helped me string hearts to decorate our apartment. Ben was especially helpful in helping me get all our Valentine's ready to mail out. I loved it!

For Valentine's Day Darius had to work both jobs, so the boys and I enjoyed the day with Carrie and Archer. I arrived thinking that I would take care of Archer and let Carrie catch up on sleep. It turns out they both had a good night, so I had lots of time to visit with her, and of course enjoyed my cuddle time with Archer. Love that boy!

Carrie had used our mom's sugar cookie recipe to make a big batch of dough, and later in the day she baked up some big, soft, heart-shaped cookies that tasted just like I remember them as a kid. My mom would make them for us on Valentine's and she would pipe our names on them. What a fun treat to take me back to childhood. Thanks Carrie, and thank you for sharing your day with us!


I'm that fanatic who will forever love Valentine's Day. I'm sure when I'm older, retired, and have too much time on my hands that Valentine's Day will reach an entirely new level! I'm already excited for that stage in my life!

I hope each of you enjoyed your Valentine's Day and felt a little extra love coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment