Sometimes reality has a way of slapping you in the face when you look at something as simple as a photo of your kids. :) I was going back through photos of the last couple of months, and when I saw Ben and Zach with Jonas it just hit me how special those photos are.
I remember when Brandi and I reconnected after losing touch for a number of years. It was 2007 and Bea was pregnant with Jonas, and I was soon to be pregnant a few months later. I was living in Florida and she was here in Utah. We kept in touch over email over the next few years, and we were lucky to be able to meet up a few times before we moved here last year. Our friendship just seemed to go dormant during the time we lost touch. Once we resumed it was easy, and although a lot of time had passed, it didn't feel like it had.
It feels really special that we live close to each other again after all these years, and that we happen to have boys the same age. I know in time we may find ourselves living far away from each other again, but for now I'm thoroughly enjoying each time we're able to get together.
I think so very highly of my sweet friend, and I'll spare most of the mushy sentiments only because she already knows how I feel about her. She is not only a very thoughtful and kind friend but a truly beautiful human being. I consider myself lucky to have her friendship.

All of those years ago growing up as neighbors in Spring City I never would have guessed what a wonderful lifelong friendship we would go on to have. I am beyond grateful to have you in my life! Thank you for your very kind words. I love you!
ReplyDelete