It's always great to come together to celebrate that first year mark, and Grandma DJ put together a great party for her first grand baby's first birthday. :) I think that first birthday is as much a celebration for the parents and relatives as it is for the little one.
There really isn't anything out there that can prepare someone for a baby, and I know Archer has had some challenging stretches, but Carrie and Bobby have come through it all beautifully. I'm already looking forward to seeing how much Archer changes over this next year.
I remember the phone call I had with Carrie when we first got the news that Darius had been offered a transfer to Salt Lake. I knew what it meant it be able to live close to her and the rest of the family. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be around, to watch Carrie become the mother that she is and to see Archer grow and be able to spend time with them both.
Ruthie! Thanks so much for this post! I can't thank you enough for making that amazing cake for the little man. I couldn't imagine not having you around for his first year of life and for all the years to come. I am so fortunate to have you as a sister and Archer is very lucky to have such an amazing aunt, uncle and two very fun cousins. Love you more than pie! ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he's a year old already. It looks like quite a celebration. Thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDelete