June 14, 2014

Oh how we love her!

We may all be partial to our own grandmas, but I really think my Grandma Ruth is just about the sweetest thing ever. :)

I usually see her every couple of weeks when I clean her house, and I'm always amazed by her health and her ability to get around as well as she does. There are always those days when she may be a bit off with her memory, but she's still very sharp most of the time. Just last month Grandma reached the ripe old age of 94!

I'm grateful for each time that I'm able to see her...especially when I see her on a really good day. Her smiles are contagious, and when she comes to the window or door to wave goodbye to me when I leave...well that just pulls my heart strings every time.

Carrie, Joy, Archer, Ben, Zach, and I all headed up to Brigham City to see Grandma and take her out for lunch the day after her birthday. 
 


It's so easy to forget to take time and appreciate that we're around because of the generations before us...especially when they're far away or have already passed, so for this I'm extremely grateful that Grandma is still here with us, close by, and that we have these opportunities to spend time with her.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful photos! I've never had the honor of meeting your sweet Grandma but every time I see pictures of her or read about her I feel so much love. Such a lovely woman!

    ReplyDelete