Today we got the best look at a bear (in the wild) that we'll probably ever get. Dad and I were in the downstairs living room and Dad saw the bear's ears poking up over the window sill. I took off running upstairs to get my camera while yelling "bear! bear! bear!" like a spaz who's never seen one before.
Here's a little video clip of the bear. It's actually on top of a makeshift table, made of packing crate material, and is eating salmon eggs that Darius had cured and bagged.
The boys were napping, but I had Mom wake them up to see the bear. Had the window been open, we could have reached out and touched it. We probably sat and watched it for a good 10 minutes or more before it took off. It was so fun to watch!
Darius - I'm sorry about your salmon eggs, but the boys really enjoyed watching the bear eat them! Thanks for leaving them out as bear bait.
that is amazing! Let us know if he keeps coming around. Maybe leave a dead elk on the table?
ReplyDelete