December 25, 2009

The Christmas Pickle

I wasn't familiar with the Christmas Pickle tradition until Joy told me about it. Any wacky tradition involving the hanging of a pickle on a tree is good in my book. I had some leftover salt dough that I used to make ornaments for the boys to color, so I used it to make a pickle.

I found a tricky spot to hide the pickle on the tree, and had fun watching Dad, Mom, Connie and Joy try to find it. Joy was the lucky winner and landed herself the lovely pickle ornament and another little gift.

We let Ben and Zach open a gift before bedtime. Last year for Christmas I made them both animal blankets. They loved them so much, that I made different animals for them this year. Ben was too busy with the Swiffer Sweeper to care much, but Zach seemed to have enough enthusiasm for both of them.

Darius and I kept busy the rest of the night by putting together a table and train for the boys. It was a big project, but I enjoyed doing it. I think the adults had a lot of fun playing with the trains after it was all put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment