December 20, 2009

Okay, maybe snow won't kill me....

Yes, I'm anti winter and very anti snow. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm terribly selfish this time of year. I dislike being out in the snow and cold so much, that I'm perfectly willing to stay cooped up for several days at a time without leaving the house. This of course is unfair to my boys. Maybe by openly admitting my selfish ways to everyone, I'll be forced to make amends for my behavior.

I knew after looking outside at the beautiful weather, time was quickly ticking by on an unfortunately short day. It's only a little after 3:oo as I'm writing this and the daylight is almost gone. The time had come to try another attempt at taking my boys outside in the snow.

The task of getting all three of us ready to go outside is usually enough of a reason for me to quickly change my mind. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I won't go into details...any of you that have bundled up yourself and small children, know where I'm coming from.

The three of us made it outside with hardly any whining and I started to feel optimistic. Once Zach and Ben were down from the porch they were pretty content to walk around "the yard", and take a few rides in the sled. Of course they both hate wearing their hats and mittens, so they were quick to come off. I wish I was somehow able to reason with them, so that they understood that by wearing mittens, their hands would stay warm AND dry! They really didn't like touching the snow, which I completely understand.


Our time passed by very quickly, and I was amazed that we spent almost an hour outside. I almost hate to admit it, but it wasn't that awful being outside in the snow and cold. Imagine that!

This eagle's cry was so loud that I thought it right behind me. Turns out it was in a tree behind me...close enough eh?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're giving the snow another chance :)

    That picture of that eagle is great!! What a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I need to know what kind of camera you have. You always have fantastic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great! I love the boys in the snow! The eagle was wonderful! Love Nini & Papaw

    ReplyDelete