All around the room there were photos of them from their wedding day, and trip to Italy. Yes, I wish I could have been there to share the day with them, but in a way I know that it was best that I wasn't there. That day was just for them, and it's the way it should have been.
Their reception was simple and relaxed which reflects their tastes perfectly. They're still the same great couple as they were before they got married, but it was nice they gave their families a reason to come together and celebrate. Carrie detests the spotlight, but she handled it so well.
The cake was even a hit. I just wish they would have cut it sooner, so that it wasn't on display for as long as it was. There were 4 different flavors, and I think the majority of the guests tried about every kind. There was lemon cake with raspberry preserves and lemon buttercream, chocolate cake with cherry and white chocolate buttercream, white almond cake with coconut custard and key lime mousse, and white almond cake with caramel apple and cinnamon sugar cream cheese. I was happy that people forgot about how the cake looked and loved how it tasted instead. Bobby was even sweet and didn't smash cake in Carrie's face. You're a good man Bobby!!
I'm so happy for them! Congratulations to a beautiful couple!
What a gorgeous cake! You did an amazing job. Plus, Carrie isn't lookin too bad herself. Totally jealous of an Italian wedding! Wow!
ReplyDelete