January 25, 2011

Big Mouth, Big Head

Time runs out much too quick when visiting with a good friend....at least on my end anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised if my exits were welcomed.

I'll explain.

I know I have faults at verbal conversations...several. I tend to ramble and easily stray off subject. As quickly as I intend to make a story, it just never works out. I can't always get out the right words I'm looking for, and I know I tend to interrupt people so that I can squeeze in another string of random thoughts I feel relate to the conversation (so rude). I know all these faults I have, and I can't tell you how many times I've stepped outside myself during conversations and silently screamed at myself to just shut up. I'm baffled why people can tolerate talking to me.

So this was the case again today. I got together with my good friend Brandi, and I found myself unable to heed my warnings. I guess the only thing I can possibly say in my defense is that there just wasn't enough time to talk about all that I wanted with her, so I just let spill out of my mouth whatever my crazy brain could generate. Maybe it was a good thing our time was limited. If I had to talk to me for a lengthy period of time, I might find myself wanting to bang my head against the wall. I seriously need a filter installed which limits my ability to talk more than what's necessary.

So now that that's all out of the way, I had a wonderful time "visiting" with my friend today. I love being around Brandi. I feel at home when I'm around her, and I can talk about anything with her, which I do a little too much. Ben and Zach absolutely loved playing with Jonas and Damon's toys. When I asked Zach to tell his aunts what toys he played with, he excitedly told them about the excavator, cement truck, and trains. I knew Jonas wasn't used to the boys' manner of playing and sharing all his stuff with 2 extra sets of hands, but he did so well with them and was super kind.

I forgot to take pictures until we were all ready to head out the door...maybe next time I'll remember to talk a little less and snap a little more.

Ben, Zach, and the top of Damon's adorable head.

Ben and Jonas

I tend to forget what a large head I have until I take a picture with someone with a normal-sized one.
Brandi, Damon, and Jonas: Thanks again for lunch and the lovely visit! We had an awesome time and wished we could have had more time with you. Thanks for making time for us with your busy schedule, and Brandi, sorry for talking your ear off. Feel free to tell me to zip it next time when I get out of control!

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh! :) I felt totally different about our visit. I had a really nice time talking to you and hearing about the things going on in your life -something I wish I got to do more! I love our visits and I loved watching your boys explore my house and enjoy all the toys!! In fact, all Jonas talked about the rest of the day was Ben and Zach -so I know he enjoyed it too :)

    Thank you again for taking the time to come over and visit with us. I truly loved the company AND the conversation!! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That's the bad thing about being the one to hold the camera for a shot like this -their head ALWAYS looks bigger! I promise, you have a very nice and normal sized head! :)

    ReplyDelete