March 29, 2011

It's SO quiet!

Ben and Zach officially started preschool yesterday! I can't believe it all happened to soon, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. The boys were so excited to go, which surprised me a little considering they didn't really have a strong understanding of what preschool even involved.

Darius called us while we were still in Florida and told me that he had a meeting with the elementary school's principal and preschool teacher and that Ben and Zach would be starting right after they turned 3. I didn't expect it all to come about so soon, but here we are!

I had a pretty good inkling that I wouldn't be needed on standby their first day. Their teacher invited me to stay if I wanted to, but I thought I would be more of a distraction, so I waited for some other kids to arrive before slipping out. I didn't feel weepy or emotional, just really excited for them. I knew they would have a great time, and it was reassuring to know they had each other as a familiar face in class.


When I picked them up they were happy and excited and just bubbling over with things to say. I didn't get a lot of intelligible details from either one of them with the exception of Zach telling me the rest of the day, and all of this morning, about the spaceman he played with and could he please play with it again. First thing he did when he got to class this morning was seek out the spaceman.


It's a very odd feeling to all of a sudden have 3 hours to myself during the day. The idea of free time is going to take a little time to sink in.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe they're in preschool -how exciting for all of you! I love the thought that they have a familiar face in class, I'm sure that makes a huge difference in the transition. Congrats on your free time, Ruthie :) You SO deserve it and I think it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete