The boys definitely enjoyed all the time they had recently with their grandparents. I feel really bad that we just spent 2 weeks with them and I hardly have any photos to show for it.
Here's Ben sending Grandma to timeout.
I think my parents enjoyed being back in AK for a short visit, and for a change it was nice having them stay with us rather than the other way around. Our setup may be a bit smaller (and definitely a lot louder), but I know they enjoyed their time with the boys and got a kick out of how much they have changed since they left.
When it was time to leave, the boys and I flew back to Seattle with them and, we all stayed there for another day before they drove back to Utah and we flew home. We had left their van at my cousin's house nearby, and since we had the use of it, we took advantage of the opportunity to do some shopping. Mom and Dad were wonderful and either came with me or stayed behind to watch the boys. It was a long day of icky shopping, but I got everything on our list, and we were able to relax that evening and have dinner with my cousin and her family before we headed back to our hotel.
Thanks again for everything, Mom and Dad! We enjoyed having you here, and I loved taking the drive up to Seattle with you, and of course you know how huge it was to have your help with all the shopping. We appreciate all that you did to help us out!
Love the time out! Glad your mom and dad had a good visit. Love Nini
ReplyDelete