After a fun and busy day of running around, we headed up to Brigham City last night to have dinner with Grandma Ruth. The last time I was in Utah visiting, before our move here, I spent an afternoon/evening with her. She was concerned that I eat dinner, so we fixed a meal together and sat down at the table to eat. It was just a simple meal, but the fact that we set the table and sat down together to eat was significant to her.
Grandma lives with her son and his wife, and because of their work schedules, Grandma sometimes eats alone or has dinner brought to her in the living room. Now that we're here and able to, I wanted to make the effort to drive up and have dinner with her at least a couple times a month.
Joy was able to come with us, and she brought the movie Hugo, and we all watched it together while dinner was in the oven, and after taking a break to eat, we finished watching it before we left. Grandma just happened to be on her own last night, so we know she appreciated having the company. If we lived a little closer, I'd love her company over dinner every night!
Bobby and I must have been there with you in spirit because we made Grandma Ruth's meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner last night too! Hopefully we will be able to join you next time for dinner in person, not just in spirit.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Carrie
That sounds like a really nice evening! I've always loved how the simple task of preparing and eating a meal together is one of the most enjoyable things ever!
ReplyDelete