It's been over 10 years since I first moved to NJ. I had never thought about living there before I became a nanny for family X and had absolutely no idea where my decision would lead me. I do honestly believe I ended up in the right place and with the right family. My experience with them was so good for me, and it opened up so many other doors. My life wouldn't be what it is now if Tammy and Marshall hadn't taken a chance with me. I still remember very vividly the phone conversation I had with Tammy when she interviewed me, and I remember asking her how could she decide who to trust enough to live in her home and care for her children. I'm glad I was the lucky one she picked. I know I had my fair share of mishaps along the way while we all figured each other out, but I'm so grateful for my time with them and to still have a good relationship with them.
Seeing my other "kids" again for the first time since I moved away 5 years ago was surreal, especially since my boys are at the age Denver was during part of my time with them. I guess I can't call them kids anymore now. Cassie is off to college, Court isn't far behind, and Denver is nearly in high school. I can't lay any claim to them, but I can't help but feel incredibly proud of them and lucky to have been around to see them grow up for a couple of years. I get a big kick out of seeing where they are now in their lives. I have a lot of love for each of them and think the world of them. Their parents are pretty awesome too. I learned some very valuable parenting lessons from watching them with their kids, and life lessons as I grew up myself.
It was fabulous seeing all of them again! I loved seeing their faces, giving them a hug, and hanging out at their house which still felt like home to me. Being there with my own kids was like coming full circle. I still think of them as my other family, and I'm so excited to see what direction life takes them in next!
It was great seeing you and meeting the boys!
ReplyDelete-The Chernins