May 27, 2011

Road Trip - Day 7

Our final day of driving began in Portland and shortly after we got on the road we were already crossing into Washington. Once before I've been on the round trip from Seattle to Portland and the drive was just as beautiful as I remember it being the first time. I've definitely got a sweet spot for the Northwest. I was happy for our road trip to end in the beautiful state of Washington.


We were arriving too late to catch a flight all the way home, so we planned on staying overnight in Seattle and flying out this morning. We had some time to kill before we'd be able to get a hotel room, so we called my cousin who lives nearby the airport. She wasn't home, but unexpectedly my favorite aunt was! She was watching my cousin's kids, while she and her hubby were away celebrating their anniversary. We got directions to the house and stopped by for a nice visit with her and her husband. I would have loved to see my cousin, but I had actually wanted to see my aunt while we were in Utah, so it worked out well.


So here's a little rundown of our cross country road trip. We spent 7 days driving with an extra 3 days of stops with 1 in Chicago and 2 in Utah. Our drive took us through 12 states: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. We covered just about 3100 miles, and the trip was awesome! I won't lie, there were times when my patience wore thin and I was just as much Gremletta as my boys were Gremlins, but overall I was incredibly impressed by how well Ben and Zach did on the trip. Even flying today they were very well behaved. I know how lucky I am to have had the opportunity to make this trip with them. Maybe they will remember parts of the trip and maybe they won't, but I still think it was worth our time to do it. Huge thanks to my other companions along the way: Connie, Mom, and Dad. I loved our time on the road together! Thanks so much for having us along and adding to out bank of memories.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's completely awesome that you drove from coast to coast! I'm so glad you wrote and took pictures -it was honestly like being along for the drive with you!

    I'm also in total awe that you had the good faith to make the drive with two young children -I'll admit, I don't think I would want to attempt it :) Good job Ben and & Zach!!

    Sorry we couldn't meet up while you were in town :( Love you, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete