August 29, 2011

Mushrooms

I have never cared much for eating mushrooms, but I still find them fascinating. Maybe it has something to do with early childhood memories of those wacky edible mushrooms from Willy Wonka.




On the hike today I noticed a few on the way into the lake, but coming back I started to pay closer attention and realized that there were mushrooms everywhere! I didn't realize how many different kinds there were.




Cordova actually has a Fungus Festival (no joke) which begins in a couple of days. I think today's hike may have just peaked my interest enough to find out a little bit more about some of the mushrooms I photographed today.  



3 comments:

  1. I love your mushrooms. I'm like you in that I had no idea of how many different kinds you have just there in the woods by you. Are you enjoying having your parents visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we've loved having them here and are sorry they're leaving us tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous -who knew mushrooms could be so pretty?!

    ReplyDelete