August 29, 2011

Sheridan Glacier Lake

Today's beautiful weather inspired a short hike up to Sheridan Glacier Lake. Unlike our last hiking trip, Zach actually walked/ran the entire way. I was very pleased I didn't have to carry him. Along the trail he would pick long, thick blades of grass and chew on their ends. He said to us, "My grass is so good."




Once we got to the lake the boys were in rock splashing heaven. Ben stayed in the same spot throwing his rocks most of the time there, and Zach was all over the place throwing rocks, playing in mud, and washing his hands off in the lake.



The lake was milky in color and full of ice from the glacier. We were able to fish a couple pieces out of the lake, and Dad even slurped on one of the chunks.





For as easy as a hike it was, I'm surprised I never knew about the trail until now. Definitely better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment