February 10, 2010

CDV to SEA to OAK to KOA

We left Cordova on Sunday afternoon and after overnight stays in Seattle and Oakland we finally made it to Hawaii today. My parents have been anxiously awaiting this trip and I feel bad that I was almost dreading it. For me it's hard to get really pumped for a trip, Hawaii or not, when I know what the process of getting there involves. It wasn't until we were making our descent into Kona that I was able to breathe easy and allow myself to get excited. I'm still in awe of how wonderful Ben and Zach were on every single leg of the trip. They were the best little troopers and they made me a proud mama.

We had enough time in Oakland for a side trip into San Francisco. Mom and Dad were very kind to watch the boys while Darius, Joy, and I took BART into SF. It was a much shorter trip than what we thought it was going to be. We're all looking forward to heading back when we have more time to explore. This trip's purpose was primarily for Chinese food so that Darius could satisfy his craving for Mongolian Beef. We ended up at Chef Hung's Restaurant on Clay Street in Chinatown, and it was mighty tasty!

Our flight from Oakland to Kona left early the next morning and typically it's a pretty long flight, but we had some crazy luck on our side and because of the accommodating winds, weather, or whatever it was the flight was only a little over 4 hours long. By mid-afternoon we were thrilled to be able to take the boys to the little beach outside our hotel and watch them experience it for the first time.

They had such a good time, and it was such a well-deserved treat for them after a long couple of days of travel. We all thoroughly enjoyed watching them play.

I'm looking forward to it again tomorrow...even if Zach throws more sand in my face!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruthie for your post........we were wondering how everything went. I cannot wait til your time here. Ben and Zach are going to enjoy Disney soooo much.......I am so happy we are going to share the time with you all. Dylan is going to have a great time being the big "cousin" showing them around. Enjoy Hawaii and share it with all of us via your blog. We love you all bunches, honey and pop pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and I loved the boy's in the sand! Love Nini&Papaw

    ReplyDelete