I made breakfast for Darius and Mom, and breakfast-in-bed for Joy so that she would feel extra loved. Joy was attracting geckos while she relaxed outside and I had fun taking pictures of the ones she pointed out to me.
After my parents got back from church we all enjoyed a delicious lunch courtesy of Darius. He grilled chicken and ribs and made some tasty rice with bits of fresh mango and pineapple. Afterwards we all got ready and headed out to an awesome little beach park nearby. I think it's my favorite out of all the beaches I've been to. The boys had a great time playing in the salt-and-pepper sand, and Ben loved playing in the water. He got knocked over by a couple of waves coming in and didn't mind a bit.
Probably the best part of the afternoon was watching whales from the beach. I was so excited! I've never seen them before in person and I lucked up and got to watch them play for probably a good 15 minutes or so. There may have been more, but I'm positive there were at least two, a mama whale and her calf. The calf jumped out of the water several times and at one point it's mama was giving it tail flapping lessons. It was so much fun to watch them both slap the water over and over again with their tails!
In the evening my dad grilled steaks and my mom made a very tasty salad. Salads can be very exciting to a group of Cordovans who often lack delicious fresh veggies to eat! I followed up after the meal with some almost-homemade cookies. Mom, Dad, Joy, and I played a few rounds of Yahtzee while Darius was kind enough to lay down with the boys until they fell asleep.
Today was just the kind of day that was perfect for Valentine's Day. I always say that it doesn't have to be about romance. In my opinion, the day is best spent by spending time with people you love and it's certainly a bonus to be able to spend it somewhere warm and beautiful.
Happy Valentine's Day......WOW,six years ago - who would have ever imagined? Thank you so much for sharing your vacation....we are also having a good time. Ben and Zach are growing so fast. I cannot believe it. Snuggling with them and holding them close seems like yesterday. Now I couldn't even catch them. Can't wait til your next vacation. That one I am going to get to share.....and get hugs and kisses. LYB, honey
ReplyDeleteThis post made me so happy. What a perfect day!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are great. Love Nini & Papaw
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are great Ruth, it looks like you guys had so much fun!!!! It's crazy how fast the boys are growing!!! We sure do love ya and miss you all! ~Brooke~
ReplyDelete