February 2, 2010

Thank You

It's been a full year now since I've started this blog! I'm actually surprised I've kept it going, even more surprised that I have enjoyed it as much as I have.

It was my brother Eric's blog that first sparked my interest in starting a blog, and then all the extra motivation I needed came in the form of offspring. Having kids really does flip your life around in one direction or another. I have such a terrible memory and there are so many years where I can't accurately recall so many of the things that I would like to. Last year I attempted to start Ben's and Zach's baby books and became so frustrated with trying to fill in the gaps of all the 'firsts' that I forgot to write down. My memory is bad enough that I'll forget the date my boys started walking if it's not noted somewhere. I want Ben and Zach to have something to look back on when they get older because there's a good chance they may inherit my bad memory.

Life is unpredictable and, although it's unpleasant to think about, it can run out at any given time. I want to make sure that I take the opportunities I have to save my family's memories as they happen. When I'm old and senile I hope to have a very full blog of memories to look back on. I hope that I'll look back on this entry year after year to remind me why it's important for me to keep going.

Aside from my selfish reasons for this blog, it's important to add that I also keep it up for all our awesome family and friends. This blog has been a great vessel for me to share with everyone what goes on in our lives. For those of you that regularly check this blog (you know who you are) a great big THANK YOU!! I think of all of you each time I post a new entry and knowing that you care about what's going on with us gives me the extra push I sometimes need to post a new entry. I appreciate so much all the positive feedback and comments you share with us! We love you all! Thanks again for sharing the past year with us. I'm looking forward to many more!

And to my friend Lyndsay...Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine my life without your blog......I check it multiple times daily to see what my adopted family is up to. You have a wonderful way with words and I personally feel that I am with you and your "boys" when I can/should be. I miss you all terribly but YOU have found an amazing fun way to share with us an important part of your lives. The THANK YOU goes out to you my friend for your blog. I am counting the days til my birthday week-end. We love the four of you bunches Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! It was actually your blogging that inspired me to start my own, so THANK YOU! :) I love being able to see what you and your cute little family are up the beautiful state of Alaska. Keep up the awesome work!! Love you, Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the wonderful happiness You, Darius, Ben, and Zach have brought into Alfred's and my life ; sharing and getting to know how wonderful and special your mom and dad are; your sister Joy, James & Brooke. We love are extended family because that is what they are. We hope to have many more times and years with all. We look forward to meeting all of your brothers and sisters and their family. I have never been to Utah! Alaska ,I love, we plan to come in the summer before your parents go to Utah. If it is okay with your mom and dad then we will make a trip late on to see them in Utah and have your Dad show us his home there.We will introduce them to Louisiana; when they come this away. LOVE to ALL , NINI & PAPAW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. You do such a great job and I think they are wonderful things. I LOVE knowing about your life and being in better touch with you than I have been in years!

    ReplyDelete