April 23, 2010

Visions of buttercream...

We have an upcoming trip to Utah planned because of a few very special events. My recently wedded sister Carrie and her hubby Bobby have in a way been forced into having a reception. You've got to love meddling, sneaky moms! The other event is a 90th birthday party for my grandma Ruth.

Recently I got a taste of how much I enjoy decorating cakes. I've always loved baking, and so the idea of dressing up something that I already love to make just naturally appeals to me. After our trip to Florida I got to see my friend Patti's "toys." She is much more advanced in the decorating department, and I was literally drooling over all the fun supplies she had for decorating cakes.

About 2 weeks ago I had a conversation with Carrie about a cake at her reception, and she mentioned not having one. Before and during this conversation I was secretly hoping she would ask me to make one for her. I don't know exactly how it came about, but somehow I landed myself a wedding cake project. I couldn't be more excited! Let's just say that my dreams of late have involved baking, leveling, and icing cakes. I'm not obsessed eh? If it's possible to be geeking out over something then I'm definitely there!

Not only do I get to make my first wedding cake, but I get to make my grandmother's cake for her surprise party the following day. I think turning 90 warrants a big beautiful cake.

Gosh I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve...somebody slap me.

1 comment:

  1. Ruthie..........I have a great BIG wish - that both you and Patti make me big beautiful cakes for my 90th birthday. Oh my goodness Ben and Zach will be 27 years old then........ Love you all bunches, honey

    ReplyDelete