October 19, 2011

AK to FL - Recap

What a trip! Makes my head spin trying to wrap my head around how far we came. We managed to safely traverse a good amount of the North American continent and covered approximately 5,340 miles in 11 days, not including our marine highway miles from Cordova to Valdez. Our journey took us through 10 US states, 2 Canadian provinces, and 1 Canadian territory. With our extra detour days, our entire trip took us 16 days.




Our overnight stops were in Tok, AK; Whitehorse, YT; Fort Nelson, BC; Edmonton, AB; Great Falls, MT; South Ogden & Salt Lake City, UT; Cortez, CO; Amarillo, TX; Dallas, TX and Monroe, LA.





We took well over 1000 photos from the trip and still have between 900 to 1000 leftover after deleting the poor-quality shots.


 



We saw massive mountain ranges, huge lakes, rivers, landscapes as diverse as night and day, wild animals (it was a a wolf!), sunrises and sunsets as we made our way from the 49th state to the 27th. All that space inbetween holds a lot of people, all who hopefully enjoy the places they call home. We're so fortunate to live in a country that allows us to move from one place to another so freely, to find a place that feels like home to us when another doesn't.






I think Darius and I both agree that our home states will always feel like home to us because those were the places we grew up, that's where our families still are. We're pretty sure this is it as far as moving goes, but the bottom line is that home is wherever we all are together as a family. I love you so so so very much Darius, Ben and Zach. Wherever we go, you are all I will ever need.


1 comment:

  1. Ruth, I've truly loved following your move -I can't thank you enough for taking the time to show us all of the gorgeous places you experienced! It was fun to hear your thoughts on things and see all of your beautiful faces as you made your journey.

    I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete