We arrived in Seattle around 4:00AM and checked into a hotel near the airport for some rest before we started our day. After we checked in early at The Paramount Hotel, we headed straight for Pike Place Market. It's been about 10 years since I was last there, and about 6 for Darius. It's just the way we remembered it! We loaded up on lots of delicious fruit and marveled at how cheap it all was! The boys loved it all, but particularly the strawberries. Ben would shove entire (and very large) strawberries into his mouth.
It was fun to see all the signs in the market for fresh Copper River salmon. Darius likely helped load a lot of the very fish we saw on display.
One of my favorite things from the market are the beautiful bouquets of fresh flowers that they wrap in craft paper. The colors are great and you see people carrying them all over downtown.
As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of shopping. I did however come across my all time favorite clothing store (H&M) and had to stop in. They have the best stuff and there are so many different styles and colors to choose from. Darius got some shopping in for himself, and we both had fun finding things for Ben & Zach.
It's been quite a while since Darius and I have been able to splurge on a great dinner. We did just that at Cutters Bayhouse located at the end of Pikes Place Market. It was so delicious! It was definitely the best meal we've had since the dinner we enjoyed on our wedding night at A&B Lobster House in Key West.
We did a lot of the same stuff on Sunday. Tackling the crowds at the market is tricky with a double stroller on it's last leg, so I sat with our sleeping boys in a park area near the market and Darius went in search of food for us. He came back with piroshky from Piroshky Piroshky. YUM!
After lunch we took the boys to the Seattle Aquarium. When you enter the aquarium there is a huge tank of tropical fish. We got there during feeding time and there was a scuba diver in the tank feeding the fish. The diver interacted with the kids on the other side and played peek-a-boo with Ben and Zach, which made them both laugh.
It was great to be able to get away and enjoy the buzz of a city for the weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the weather was excellent the entire time. The boys did really well and they were excellent travelers on the flight home.
They look so happy! Sounds like a wonderful relaxing trip, those are the best kind.
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there too! Jeff lives in Renton..(a suburb)
ReplyDeleteAdorable pictures of the boys! Wish I could have gone too, as Jeff lives in Renton, just out of Seattle. Iknow you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya'll!
Debby
ADORABLE PICS in the airplane!!
ReplyDelete