May 11, 2009

Traveling with Twins

Darius has some great benefits with his job, and Joy and I were very fortunate to be able to test them out on our recent trip with the boys to Utah. Unfortunately Darius wasn't able to join us, and I really missed him while we were gone.

Before the trip I had a lot of reservations about traveling with Ben and Zach at the age they're at now. There were several times I almost changed my mind about going on the trip, but I'm glad we went.

I won't say that it was easy. There were a few minutes on the flight home that I was on the verge of tears. Ben was having such a hard time and there didn't seem to be anything I could do to help him feel better. But, despite the sticky spots I think the boys did okay overall.

Joy was a saint to come along as my helper. I don't think she knew what she was signing up for until it was too late to turn back! She was great with the boys, and it was good for them to have her around.

I know it was stressful at times, but the trip wouldn't have been possible without you, Joy. Thanks for all your help!

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, we were so glad to see you and the twins again! You were very brave to travel with two babies. By the way, your photos look absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete